Desiccant washers are integrated into pharmaceutical closures by efficiently snapping them into standard threaded caps. Washers can also be independent of the cap allowing for easy removal, as is the case for applications involving suspension drugs that require reconstitution. The desiccant integrated into the closure absorbs any headspace moisture as well as any moisture that makes ingress into the package.
- Shelf life enhancement: Desiccant washers remain in the cap, ensuring container remains desiccated even after opening.
- Tightness guarantee: The sealing is accomplished by the washer on the top of the bottle neck.
- Swallowing avoidance: Desiccant washer will reduce the risk of misuse by the patient.
- Versatile sorbent materials: Silica gel, molecular sieve, and combinations to fit specific stability requirements.
- Wide range of sizes: Standard sizes include desiccant weight from 0.72 g to 4.2 g. An array of standard products is available, whether off-the-shelf or made-to-order, with customization available.