Colorcon has developed two new vials integrating desiccant in the cap or at the bottom of the container.
These active and ergonomic packaging solutions are ideal to protect test strips, dietary supplements and probiotics from moisture degradation, and eventually ensure their efficiency.
- HAT®-SNAP: Container + Standard Tamper Evident Desiccant Stopper
- Easy-snapping of the closure onto the container
- Tamper evident closure
- Desiccant is customizable with silica gel, molecular sieve, or a combination of both to achieve desired performance
- HAT®-B: Flip-Top Desiccant Container®
- Closure attached to the container
- Versatile sorbent materials: silica gel, molecular sieve, active carbon, in various combinations to fit specific stability requirements.
- Desiccant cannot be removed, securing in-use protection
- Sustainability: plastic weight optimization, packaging and waste are reduced for a smaller carbon footprint. Adjustable desiccant quantity.
- High in-use efficiency: the desiccant location at the bottom of the tube guarantees the closest position to the reactive part of the test strips, for a highest in use efficiency.
This dedicated range of products is perfectly adapted to the specific needs for test strips or probiotics protection, especially with a hinge closure to provide consumer appeal, ergonomics and likelihood of closure for prolonged protection.
Desiccant can be incorporated into the cap or at the bottom of the tube, so the desiccant is not visible and dust absent, but also providing the closest position to product, for a higher in-use efficiency.
Discover also our ADP® Vials portfolio that can be adapted for such applications.
- Optimal moisture protection with desiccant integrated in the body of the vial, as well as optimal control of MVTR and rapid moisture draw-down
- Ergonomic because of easy opening/closing feature to ensure closing likelihood and adapted size allowing easy grasping and nomadic packaging
- Customizable sorbent, adjustable desiccant quantity